Thursday, July 28, 2011

Signed up for the fall Waterfront half-marathon!

Yours truly at Around the Bay
I just signed up for the Scotiabank 2011 Fall Half Marathon. It’s been a while since I did any running events, due to injury -- and general slothfulness. (Last time I did this course, I had to walk it because of horrible shin splints incurred at a previous charity run!)

I need this motivator.This will be a step towards either another half in the spring, followed by a full marathon next fall. Or, if I’m feeling aggressive... possibly Around the Bay in March leading up to a full marathon. [Now that the Goodlife Marathon has been moved to May, there’s a local option for a spring attempt.

I’m probably going take this one easy -- cruise in somewhere between 1:55 and 2 hours. Just enough to get the engines going, right in the middle-back of the curve. Hopefully some of my friends will also participate.

It’s been far too long since I was in decent running shape! I’ve forgotten about the freeing nature of running. Time to get some mileage in... I’ll post progress updates as I see fit.