Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why I'm proud to work for NexJ Systems

The fantastic company I work for, NexJ Systems, has gone public and is now trading on the TSX under the symbol 'NXJ'.

Congratulations NexJ team!

It has been a long and winding journey to get to this point, but here we are. Amazing. This is a significant milestone for the company, and in a very real sense it signals our arrival on the software scene. I can no longer say that I 'work for a small startup' -- because that's not true anymore.

I want to congratulate the entire NexJ team for their accomplishment. I am bursting with pride. I usually try to keep a certain modesty in regards to NexJ -- but on this particular day, at this particular moment, to heck with it, I'm going to enjoy it. You guys rock!

It hasn't been easy. It will never be easy -- and that's why we're awesome. We are stubborn as hell, we get stuff done, we are raucous and earthy, and without reserve in our passion. There is no other place I would want to work, no other place I can imagine.

It has always been about the people. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work with such a passionate, brilliant, talented, persistent, dedicated, caring, committed, wonderful group. We wouldn't be here without each other.

Bill, Errol, Dave, Rick, Ed, Norair, Vassiliy, Ranji, Len, Peter (and you too Paul!) and everyone else: I thank you profusely for the absurd privilege of working with you; I can't believe how lucky I have been to enjoy your trust. The shared ups and downs, the challenges and victories, the pain, sweat, laughter and sometimes tears -- all of it has rolled up over the years into an elite software company. Respect must be paid for your unstinting hard work and relentless commitment to the vision.

Exciting times lie ahead. This is really just the start of our adventure -- soon enough it will be back into the hurly burly. Back to the rough and tumble, the blistering heat of execution. Destiny awaits. We're gonna build great software, we're gonna deliver what we promise to our customers, and we're gonna kick ass along the way.

Congratulations to everyone at NexJ!